woensdag 28 augustus 2024

The Partisan - Leonard Cohen



When they poured across the border
I was cautioned to surrender
This, I could not do
I took my gun and vanished

I have changed my name so often
I've lost my wife and childrenBut I have many friendsAnd some of them are with me
An old woman gave us shelterKept us hidden in the garretThen the soldiers cameShe died without a whisper
There were three of us this morningI am the only one this eveningBut I must go onThe frontiers are my prison
Oh, the wind, the wind is blowingThrough the graves, the wind is blowingFreedom soon will comeThen we'll come from the shadows
Les Allemands étaient chez moiIls me dirent "résigne-toi"Mais je n'ai pas peurJ'ai repris mon arme
J'ai changé cent fois de nomJ'ai perdu femme et enfantsMais j'ai tant d'amisJ'ai la France entière
Un vieil homme, dans un grenierPour la nuit, nous a cachésLes Allemands l'ont prisIl est mort sans surprise
Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing
Through the graves the wind is blowing
Freedom soon will come
Then we'll come from the shadows

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten